How can we improve our stacks and plugins?

Suggestion - Accessing SQL Database

Hi Guys

I am a big supporter of your stacks and plugins

I use FormSnap and FormLoom a lot to collect data. The only way I can really access that data is by going to the phpMyAdmin site via my cPanel access.

A while ago I had someone programme a simple html search form where I could access the SQLdb data directly eg I could search a name and date and the search would return the results that I needed.

Just wondering if you guys can't come up with a reverse of FormSnap (maybe call it LookSnap or GetSnap?) where you could set up your own web based search engine that returns results from the data you collect with FormSnap or FormLoom.

I am sure there is a whole bunch of code behind all of your plugins etc so, and maybe I am saying this out of ignorance, I can't see why this could not be done. I think it would be a winner and I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Anyhow I'll leave it with you.

Thanks
Tony

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tony shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Clay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Kuler seems defunct, there does not appear to be a SQL stacks maintained anymore.

• Keith Weiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kuler Solutions MySQL Stack, http://demo.kulersolutions.com/sqldemo/ can list data in a responsive theme. The only complaint I have with the Kuler Stacks is that I cannot easily perform queries for a particular user or customer, or other limiting factor. StackApps http://stackapps.info/examples/mytasks/ solution can do even more, but the UI elements are not as elegant as Yabdab's products. I would love to see Yabdab create a solution similar to StackApps, but with an updated UI and different way of assembling lists and grids. I would really love to see the ability to show a parent record with some child data that I could fetch, edit, and delete.

Feedback and Knowledge Base